Monday, March 31, 2008

A lil' update


My sister and Dre were able to come and see where I live, meet some of the people, and get a feel for my life in Budapest. I was thankful for the time with them. I wish we would have had more time in Budapest. It's a beautiful city but I think we covered the basics. Castle Hill, Gellert Hill, Hero's Square and the city center.



We also made some special memories in Germany, Italy, and Austria. Next time though, I don't think we will try to fit so much into one week. It was REALLY fast paced. But I was just so thankful to get some moments with two beautiful women whom I love so dearly. I'm thankful for their husbands and kids who gave them time to come and played "Mr. Mom" so that they could see me. :D
-----
As far as health fitness, I've been icing my shoulder, taking lots of ibuprofin, and keeping it in a sling when I'm home for any amount of time. I just started taking the crystallized MSM that I forgot I had and started putting that in juice. MSM is a natural, organic form of sulfer and really helps the body heal itself. They are still doing research but a few years ago I read the book "The miracle of MSM" and it has been great. So, all that to say that my training has gone to pot. I'm ready to get back into it although a bit nervous about running with my knee/hip flexors. I'll just take it slow. Now that I have the Garmin watch, it should be fun too.
-----
Looks like I will be going to Latvia and Lithuania in May to join Lara with some womens events there for Straight Up Beautiful.

http://straightupbeautiful.com/

Lara is developing a Bible Study addendum to the book she's writing. I'm going to start using it here in Budapest too. I'm excited about it. This trip in May will actually be our reunion as the last time I saw Lara was in Latvia two years ago when we did a Straight Up Beautiful conference.
------
I have recently been taking time to look closely at Psalm 23. It's a great reminder of how much God cares even when things don't make sense. He truly will direct the course of life if allowed to have that place in our lives. A lot of times it means continuing to trust, hope and believe even when we don't understand or see. This life is not always easy. A lot of things that happen don't make sense and you can't always reason it away. Sometimes we get discouraged, disappointed, frustrated, even "pissed off" and angry. Yet even through all these moments, I am finding God truly is there. He sees what we don't see. He takes care of us in ways we may never understand. And for this I'm thankful. He is a shepherd as Psalm 23 says. He is MY shepherd and He knows what I need even when I may not.

4 comments:

Cliff said...

Jen,

I like the verse from Psalm 23 where David describe God will prepare a table in front of his enemies.

It is during the tough times when we really see how much (or lack) of our faith.

Have a blessed day.

akshaye said...

Fun trip! Where is the picture of you taken in the street taken? I love it!

Too bad your shoulder isn't healed. See a doctor maybe?

Jen in Budapest said...

Cliff
This is one of my favorite scriptures.
Akshaye
I might be seeing a doctor if it doesn't heal up completely, but good news it is getting better!
Jen

Jen in Budapest said...

Oh that picture was taken in Venice, just around the corner from the hostel where we stayed for the night.