Monday, March 17, 2008

Old World Vacation

So students start their holiday this Wednesday and that means vacation starts for me too. While everyone in Hungary spends time with their families over Easter break, my sister, a good friend (who is like a 3rd sister), and I will meet in Frankfurt and explore the old world in a very limited amount of time. I don't know much about Frankfurt but we are going to see it in a day and a half.:D

Then, we take a flight to Venice on Thursday afternoon. Unfortunately, the hostels are only available Thursday night and not Friday for our 3 person room combination. So, we will be in Venice for one night and a full day. I'm thinkin' we'll take a night train back to Budapest Friday eve -- Good Friday -- and will arrive in Budapest on Saturday morning. Once we get to Budapest, no problem. I feel very comfortable showing them around! I know we'll have a great time once we get in my neighborhood...

or as they say in Hungary...my kerulet!

After a few days in Budapest, we planned a day trip to Vienna. Everyone I've talked to has said it's worth the day trip. I'm a very thankful woman. I get time with my sister, time with a really good friend, stamps in the passport and this chance to see more of the old world. What could be better than enjoying a coffee at a cafe in the heart of the old world with some of the best ladies in the world? Dreams come true :D

3 comments:

akshaye said...

Ah.. that cup of coffee sounds super romantic! Have a great vacation - you've earned it.

ShirleyPerly said...

Sounds great. I've never been to Europe but hope to go someday. Enjoy your trip!

Kellye Mills said...

Wow. That sounds really awesome!! I hope you're feeling better!!