Thursday, March 6, 2008

Is it Friday yet?

Is it Friday yet? Even though I usually can't wait for the weekend because I can somewhat rest on Saturday when it comes to work, and I was trying to do longer brick workouts, this week I can't wait for the weekend but I won't be resting! The team from Florida arrives and we will be busy. I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to get my workouts in this coming week as we will have really early mornings with the team and late evenings. Maybe I can break away mid-afternoon. However it works out, I'm still excited that we have this team from Florida and I hope they are as great as the team from Texas that came last Fall.
------------
Salsa lessons went better than I expected. I met Dori at the Keleti train station Wednesday night and we waited for 16 other Hungarian and American students to gather before walking to the back of the train station where there's a dance hall that's actually connected to the station. It was very interesting! All I have to say is.....Very cool place!!

Kyle, an American student from Arizona who is studying Math here in Budapest until May, will be my dance partner. Of course we were stepping on toes for some of it, but we actually got the moves down pretty good! My biggest challenge is not to look down at our feet while dancing. For some reason its more comfortable for me to watch our feet and see what we are doing but you're not supposed to even look down!!! It kind of reminds me of computer class and learning to type. You have to get comfortable enough with the keys so as not to look at the keyboard. So, that's my goal in the future although we will always be adding new steps so who knows if I can keep up! I hope so.

I didn't realize how much work an hour of salsa dancing can be! I worked up a good sweat by the end of the night. I thought we would learn a few moves but Kyle counted and we actually learned 8 new steps! The great part was that the lessons ended up being 1/2 price! Next week our class is canceled and the week after that I will be in Germany with my sister and Kyle will be in Spain so in three weeks we will be back at it again. I'm a bit nervous as I'm sure it will only get harder!
--------------
Chris has been really nice in letting me keep his bike a little longer although I feel like I need to get it back to him here shortly. He won't be riding it anytime soon though. With the new baby at home, he said not to worry about it. I have a feeling the weather is going to be nice this Saturday but unfortunately I won't get to go to Szentendre atleast until April. When the Florida team arrives this Saturday at 8 am, we will hit the ground running.
--------------------
Today I read in Isaiah 43 about how those who trust God with their lives ultimately will not be disappointed...that those who have given themselves to God are really saying to the rest of the world that God is worthy to be trusted. (As if God ever had to prove that!....) I was encouraged to realize that I am no different from anyone else. As a mere human being, who is no different than anyone else, I am somehow defined by this relationship with the living God because it transforms some of my basic thought processes, beliefs, values and hopefully the way I live in the world. I was encouraged that in the midst of living this life, nothing is lost and everything is gained by putting my trust in Him. I'm thankful for this relationship because I would be a different individual today had He not become the center of my life and days in high school.
-------------------
On Tuesday morning, we are scheduled to be in a high school classroom that I taught last year who were really tough to teach. I'm a little nervous about how they treat everyone.... I hope they are respectful of our Florida guests. I'm sure they will be but I always get a little nervous with them. They are a tough group.....
--------------------
It's official. No more Faklya club on Sundays for now. It was a nice day outside and today we moved all the stuff we use on Sunday mornings from the Faklya club to the Every Nation office. Some stuff went on to a storage place inside the Copper Snake Coffee House. I'm excited about this Sunday. We will experience it along with the team from Florida -- all for the first time. Should be great.

4 comments:

S said...

Thanks for your kind words and encouragement. Some days are great and some days....like you read are not so great. That's cool you taught in Budapest. I thought/am thinking about teaching over seas but I"m not sure....did you go through an agency?
Good luck with your busy weekend and your guests!

Kristie said...

Thanks for writing on my...umm..I guess it is called a comment form?? Haha..I don't know!
I liked what you had said about Isiah 43. It is hard to trust God completely. I especially feel like I try to and get nothing in return...but I know that is not true and the good stuff will come! I doubt, but I need more trust!
look like you love to write...I only got blogger to make Brooke (Bree's sis) and Emily (I teach with her) happy!! writing is not my forte(sshhh don't tell anyone, I teach English)!How is Budapest? I hope you have an awesome relaxing weekend!

Anonymous said...

Wow - salsa, huh? I think I'd be a complete failure, but it sounds like fun. :)

I liked your comment that those who trust God are showing the world he is worthy of trust. I'd never really thought of it that way.

Good luck with your Florida group and the tough h.s. classroom!

akshaye said...

How exciting! I am sure the team from Fl will have a great trip.

Its a really nice coincidence that you wrote about trust - I had just written to you about that a short while ago (before I read this).

I wish you well with the classroom you teach.