Friday, March 7, 2008

Children's letters to God

I have this small little book I brought with me from the states and I have it in my bathroom. It is hilarious but I forgot how funny until I started reading a few again today.

"Dear God. If we come back as something please don't let me be Jennifer Horton because I hate her." Denise

"Dear God. Thank you for the baby brother but what I prayed for was a puppy." Joyce

"Dear God. Please put another holiday between Christmas and Easter. There's nothing good in there now." Ginny

"In Sunday school they told us what you do. Who does it when you are on vacation?" Jane

"Dear God. Are you really invisible or is that just a trick?" Lucy

"Dear God. Did you mean for the giraffee to look like that or was it an accident?" Norma

"Dear God. Who draws the lines around the countries?" Nan

"Dear God. I went to this wedding and they kissed right in church. Is that OK?" Neil

"Dear God. Is reverend Coe a friend of yours or do you just know him through business?" Donny

"Dear God, when you made the first man did he work as good as we do now?" Tom

"Dear God, My grandpa says you were aroun when he was a little boy. How far back do you go?" Love, Dennis.

"Dear God. I am Amearican. What are you?" Robert

"Dear God. My brother is a rat. You should give him a tail. ha. ha." Danny

"Dear God. Maybe Cain and Abel would not kill each so much if they had their own rooms. It works with my brother." Larry

"Dear God. If you watch in church on Sunday I will show you my new shoes." Mickey D.

6 comments:

BreeWee said...

YESSSSSSS! I so love this book- it reminds me everyday that the stresses in life are so over rated! I recently was reminded from my son Kainoa that if doesn't make you happy why do it- then I just quit the thing that was making me burned out!
I hope your are well Jen! Hope training is good too- come to Hawaii soon!
Cheers,
Bree

S said...

I have this book too!!!! It makes me smile. I like the giraffe part. Was it an accident? haha.

akshaye said...

Haha! Those are good.

Jen in Budapest said...

Ah Bree! Thanks for the invite. I may take you up on that in 2009....Maybe come see you race there. My friend Cheri has been trying to get me over for along time. I even missed her wedding because I was here in Buda land. Hawaii anytime sounds good, it's just making it over. Stay strong while in Aussie-land. I'm praying this will strengthen your family in the end....Lots of love!

Unknown said...

Very funny indeed! Nothing like a little humor to pick up the spirits a bit.

Brooke Myers said...

I forgot how cute this book was - a smile was well needed today and the innocense of a child sure can do that for me...
thanks for the post!