Tuesday, April 1, 2008

language learning


I'm getting the nerve up again to continue learning Hungarian. Honestly, I haven't been motivated since I returned after Christmas. Everything we do is centered around speaking English so it's easy to get away with avoiding language learning. Everyone here wants to practice their english.

But the last few days I have been thinking that I want to keep being proactive as long as I'm here to keep learning Hungarian. I have the pronunciation of words down better. Now I just need to expand the vocabulary and increase sentence/word formation. I can definitely get by, which is nice, but it sure would be great to hold a longer conversation - just for fun. I'm realizing when it comes to why I'm here, I won't be mastering the language and that's OK.
---------
I met a few students today on the University campus who are studying Italian. Now that would be fun and probably a lot easier, but not very useful. Maybe someday in the future? I like Northface's motto: Never stop exploring.
---------

No comments: