Friday, April 11, 2008

the force

One of my co-workers is called tweedapedia because he's a walking knowledge bank. I envy people like that. They read, hear, research details and then actually remember random facts. I read, research and hear details and then think in generalities, not specifics. I usually can't remember all the details......Am I the only one or have you ever tried to tell a joke and you mix up the details so everyone's just looking at you like...huh? :D After botching a joke I usually think well, it was funny to me!!!! I've done it with blond jokes. Oh well. You live and learn. Or you just live.....
--------
Maybe I'm feeling a bit inadequate from last night when I was called upon to help a few of the kids with homework. Tasks included math and english. My poor mother. I remember how hard she tried with all of us but no parent is handed a PhD in all the subjects before parenting. Man it's rough. Then again, your called upon to sharpen skills and re-learn things along the way.

The youngest of the 5 kids in the house is a FORCE to be reckoned with! Her mom said in her final instructions to me, "If you don't know what's going on, just ask Charlotte. She can tell you." We both understood what this meant because this little girl is a powerhouse. She is 7 years old and bosses her 17 year old sister around! LOVE HER. "Charlotte, help your siblings with their homework!"
That was going to be my next plan.
Here's a picture of the FORCE. Love this little one.

Sometimes, even when I'm telling her the truth, she goes, "Nutta, Jen. Stop it." And then she swats me! "Nutta Jen. STOPPP it." **Swat**

"What? I'm telling you the truth." And then she has to be convinced. Can you tell she has older siblings who may tell her things just for the fun of it? Poor girl. It's tough being the youngest with the only one to pick on being the dog.
-------
Before the dreaded homework hours, Jefferson, Charlotte and I went in the backyard to toss around the baseball. Jefferson is pitching for his league game on Sunday so he wanted to get in some practice pitching and throwing. He set up a target and he's pretty good! Anyways, we had fun along with Charlotte who caught a lot of pop-fly balls. I started to get the itch to play...It's been atleast 5 years since I was on a softball league in the states. Spring weather and baseball go so well together! Hope it stays sunny this weekend.

2 comments:

No(dot dot)el said...

She really is cute. I didn't get to talk much with her but I did see her rocking out on the drums that Easter morning.
When do the folks get back?
Where is Nori in all this madness?
I tried calling this morning your Vegas number is not working anymore.

Jen in Budapest said...

Yep, she is a dollie. Glad we talked this weekend. Love you sis. Jen