Friday, April 4, 2008

The old world part II


Although we actually drank Starbucks coffee while in Frankfurt, I had to get a picture of a lil' spot where they were serving up the Italian coffee phenom. We also drank Starbucks in Vienna. And can I say, who pays almost $10 for a cuppa Starbucks in Vienna? Never again. Never again.



A Venetian sunset.

















The "streets" of Venice.




































One of my favorite memories - getting "lost" in a Venetian park. We sat there for a few hours as the locals played with their kids. It wasn't entirely picture perfect I'm pretty sure the guys we had take the picture were doing a drug deal or making a green cigarette or something. We didn't let that stop us from enjoying a picture perfect day in Venice.

5 comments:

No(dot dot)el said...

we need to get lost on purpose more often. the sunset pic , one of my all time favorites. think i will blow it up.

akshaye said...

Great pictures! Seriously - $10 for a cup? How much do people make over there!

I just got back from my break - so I have a lot of blog catching up to do. Enjoy your week!

Cliff said...

Jen,

Thanks for your comment. You will have a blast with the sprint tri.

I like your prev post from C S Lewis. It is only when I think about the next world, I put more effort into extending God's Kingdom in this one.

Enjoy your time in Venice. It looks very nice.

Jen in Budapest said...

Noel - yes, we do need to get lost like that more often - leisurely taking in the world....that park was a highlight for me.

Akshaye - Well, it was more like $8 but rounding up, $10 sounds more dramatic. Either way, ridiculous and outrageous. But I bought a cup, so what does that say? People are buying it. Starbucks was definitely not hurtin' for business when we went in there. Wild.

Cliff - I hope I just survive the sprint tri at this point. And then maybe the next one will be more enjoyable :D

kerrie said...

so jealous of your travels!!! great pics! i am pretty excited as we might get to go to italy for a bit this summer.