Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Lake Balaton

WORKOUT UPDATE:
When I got home tonight at 7 pm I was exhausted and it was raining outside. On the bus ride home, I kept thinking maybe it would be fun to ride the bike in the rain. The 35 minute bike ride was actually scheduled for tomorrow but since I leave for Lake Balaton I was thinking I'd get it in today instead. Didn't happen. I pulled out the Pilates DVD and I'm planning to get something in before bedtime. But, I'm still packing, finishing emails, cleaning my house, talking to my friend Lara in Lithuania about life in Eastern Europe, and yep. I'm all over the map, par usual before leaving for a few days.
------------
I started packing a bit last night for Lake Balaton. Included is my tri-suit and flippers. I'm going to open water swim while I'm there, even though I'll have to get up super early to do it.

Excited about seeing the lake and getting a run in there too. Oh yeah, and of course I'm excited to be teaching conversational english in an advanced group of business professionals in Hungary. I always feel a bit intimidated in these settings. I'm a conversationalist for sure, but sometimes I'm not quite as knowledgeable as I'd like to be on a variety of topics. I'll be checking up on all the latest Hungarian, U.S. and world news before I go.

I'll be traveling with two older British women who are driving us. They are hilarious with very distinct and proper British accents. Love it.

My plan was to get the scheduled 35 minute bike in before staff meeting and campus outings today but it didn't happen. I will be logging a bike ride in the evening! I won't be posting until the weekend, but I hope the sun is shining in your part of the world as it is here and I hope you get a chance to enjoy your week, whatever you're doing! :D

4 comments:

akshaye said...

Sounds like fun! Enjoy your trip - and take some pictures for us.

Scott McMurtrey said...

thanks for stopping by a couple weeks ago. i've been blogless the past couple weeks so haven't been out much. hope your trip goes well.

No(dot dot)el said...

i have found my excercis for LIFE. bikram yoga jen. when you come home you are so going to have to try this. OMG- it was fabuloso!! i sweated like a pig and feel like gumby right now and i am going back for more in the morning.
enjoy your trip to the lake and you never need to worry about your communications , they are always so nice.

Jen in Budapest said...

Akshaye - I'll try and capture the moments!

Scott - thanks for stopping by. I get inspired by fellow people who are training...

Noel, I can't wait to hear more about this workout. I love sweating and feeling like GUMBY! :D