Friday, April 4, 2008

This morning...

Lucca and I went running on Margaret Island this morning. We did 38 minutes once around the island. Lucca seems to think that she can only run half the island and then stop. So, we walked part of it at one point but I pressed her to keep running and we did. The island is about 3.5 miles around. (In the future, I want to work my way up to doing it 4 x around, the distance of a half-marathon) But that will take awhile.

I forgot we had a staff meeting today. Laura called about something else while we were running and said "Oh, getting a run in before your meeting, huh??" So glad she called! We don't normally meet on Fridays so after the run I hopped on the tram and made it just in time, albeit in sweaty clothes. I told Chris that I have to keep Jeff guessing so they can't quite figure me out. :D

Wearing sweats in public is just beginning to catch on over here. It's not the norm to go places in your workout clothes whereas in the states, you can go to the store in sweats and a t-shirt. But here, people barely wear sweats in public even when it's on Saturday and you just want to run to the store. Instead a trip to the post office will find the ladies dressed up in stiletto heals. Dressed to the hilt just to mail a letter. Oh well. By 12 pm I was still in my sweaty clothes but I got the chance to come home and shower before going out again.

I love the spring weather and I think MAYBE it's here to stay this Spring in Budapest although you never can tell. When the sun is out and shining on your back, birds are chirping, the crisp air keeps your mind alert, I find myself at my best and in the best state of mind as well. I love the sunshine!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I always picture the island, or at least an island, as you talk about running around Margaret Island. It sounds like a wonderful run. I am glad that you got a reminder call about the meeting and were able to make it, sweats and all.

Jen in Budapest said...

Yes, it's a pretty cool island. One of these days I'll have to get a few pictures and post them.