Sunday, April 6, 2008

Soccer moms

Last night we had an English Club socializer at Bruce's flat. We played the Cranium game "Hoopla" while eating pepperoni lovers Pizza Hut. Can I just say that I LOVE American pepperoni/salami? I remember the shock the first time I went to grab what looked like salami and found the taste to be OH SOOO different. But pepperoni pizza at Pizza Hut is what I'm talking about! Well, I digress.

Playing Hoopla was a lot of fun. I didn't realize how "American" some of the terms are until playing with internationals. Funny! One of the words was "soccer mom" and Luca had to draw the word. She did a good job.

Speaking of soccer moms, a soccer mom is exactly what I'm gonna be this week, aka shuttle service. While Jeff and Ana are at the Eastern European Conference in Krakow, Nori and I are staying with their kids (and their dog Amber) to make sure everything keeps running well. So Monday night I will spend the night and go with them in the morning on their kids school route. Yes, it will be my first time driving a car in Budapest after almost 2 years. I'm a little nervous about that, but just praying that I'm wise as I drive and that I'm protected from all harm as there are some crazy Hungarian drivers!;D

I'm sure it's going to be a blast. It's fun to "play house" and get the reality check that the grass isn't greener on the other side. My favorite saying "The grass is green where you water it." One day I'll be driving my kids around and I'm sure the novelty of it will just come down to being "soccer mom" but until then I'll enjoy other people's kids and their schedules and then graciously hand it back to them when they return. I just hope Nori and I can juggle everything because we still have a normal schedule too.

Jeff and Ana have two high school girls, a boy in middle school and one of my favorite little girls in Kindergarten. Anyways, everything from drum lessons, basketball, volleyball, dodgeball, fundraisers, babysitting jobs and sleepovers. I think of that very old baseball comedy "Who is on 1st", "No, What's on 1st, Who's on 2nd". Or something like that.....Used to make my dad laugh. All I know is I can foresee that Nori and I will be talking in circles in our conversations this week, trying to keep track of everyone. Maybe not, but then again maybe. We're gonna have some fun! I'm hoping all goes well-- no accidents or injuries and just lots of fun!

Kudos to all soccer moms out there. :D

2 comments:

akshaye said...

For sure.. kudos to them! Stay safe and have fun driving in Hungary.

I googled the MSM.. may be worth trying. Im trying some Arnica now and thats working great too.

Jen in Budapest said...

if you get a chance there's a book all about it that I'm sure you could read at Barnes or Borders called "The miracle of MSM". It's much more descriptive and helpful as far as it's medicinal qualities.