Sunday, April 20, 2008

downloading and new music....

I added a few new songs to the playlist. I mentioned one song a few blogs ago called "sweetly broken" by Jeremy Camp and one called "One sweet love" by Sarah Bareilles. I always get inspired by new music and I can never find enough of it. So if anyone is listening to new music they're enjoying, please pass the details on to *moah*.....

Oh, while we're on the topic of new music and things downloaded, I just found out you can download rental movies through I-tunes for what you would pay at Blockbusters or Hollywood video. How cool is that!! I guess it's a new feature since January. I'm so excited about that! Although, I went to download "Office Space" tonight for $2.99 because I've never seen that movie and so many people rave about it --- and, well, 2 hours later it's still downloading!!

When I was biking tonight, I thought about how I might download a few more podcasts so I can train my brain while I'm training my body. I like that "Intellectual Devotional" about the history of America or Ravi Zacharias will always do. I also like listening to a 2 minute podcast blurb called "Every Man's Battle". Even though I'm obviously not a man, I want to be more aware of the things that are tough for men and how they overcome to be amazing husbands, fathers, sons, and just plain men. I think I know what women go through and hopefully I can encourage ladies in my life to be all they were created to be but I'm not exactly an expert on men. So yeah. I always enjoy those podcasts too. :D

6 comments:

Meg said...

I've been following your blog for a few weeks but apparently I'm just getting around to commenting. :)
Judging by your playlist, you might like Tristan Prettyman - I've really enjoyed her lately!

Molly said...

Thanks for your support!
I think it is so cool that you happened to comment on my blog. My husband and I are taking our first trip to Eastern Europe in May! We are starting in Venice and then taking a cruise on the Adriadic down the Dalmation Coast. We almost ended up in Budapest too!
Lok forward to catching up on your posts and staying in touch!
Take Care

Cliff said...

Jen,

I listen to Ravi as well. He is always thought provoking and deep. A series of podcast can last me for a long long time as I chew on it and digest it.

Today while hanging out with a sister from my chruch, she talks about that book as well. Actually the book she is referring to is "every young man's battle". I guess the idea behind it is the same.

There was a lot of discussion on sexual temptation. As a guy, it is definitely one area where we struggle every day. In and out.

Do you listen to John Piper as well? I find his podcast to be quite rich in theology and application as well.

No(dot dot)el said...

yeah to new music. i have to cool it for a bit on the itunes thing. i could really get carried away on there.
hope you have a great week jen. miss you.

Jen in Budapest said...

Hey Meg - glad to see you comment! Actually, I've heard of Tristan's stuff and just downloaded her "Hello" CD earlier in the week. That's cool! Thanks for the suggestion.

Molly - Enjoy your trip! I know you're going to love it. I just went to Venice recently and it's an amazing city. The Dalmation coast is supposed to be amazing too and I'm hoping to get there sometime over the summer maybe.

Cliff - that's cool. Didn't know there was a book, but that makes sense. I have heard of John Piper. Haven't listened to his podcast but he's quoted in a few books I own, so that's cool. Thanks for the suggestion. :D

Jen in Budapest said...

I-tunes can easily get out of control. Love you too sis.... :D