Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Workout update


Today I had a 45 minute bike ride scheduled on the training program. Chris's bike needed air in the tires. Tires are called "gumis" here. So gumiszervis is tire service. I also wanted to get his front light put on the bike so I went to the bike shop before heading to the Danube River. I was looking around at bikes and the cheap bike is still there. One of the guys who goes to English club is going to take me around to find a bike (He's an avid biker) in exchange for going out to pizza with him and his girlfriend so they can practice English. That I can do!

I love biking in my neighborhood around Hero's Square but now that it's spring, there are bugs galore and a few days ago I was getting protein when I really didn't want it. I guess I ride with my mouth sort of open. But then if you try and breathe through your nostrils and keep your mouth shut, you get bugs up there too. So, I wasn't up for a protein breakfast and decided I'd go through the city, then ride along the river. It was great!

I rode about 10 minutes to get to the river. Then I started the Garmin and rode for 10 miles clocking 49:23, about 12.1 miles an hour. I would love to finish the bike section in 45 minutes during the race, but I don't know if that's possible. I would have to add two miles and lose close to 10 minutes! Is it possible? I'm not sure but I'm going to try and shave my time and race faster so I'm ready in July. Next bike ride is scheduled for Sunday, 50 minutes.

3 comments:

akshaye said...

A great ride at a nice pace! A lot depends on how flat the bike course is. You can easy up your riding by 3-5 miles/hr on a good course.

The bugs sound delicious :)

Meg said...

Gumi is such a cute name for tire! Actually, it's making me kind of hungry! :)

Jen in Budapest said...

Akshaye - I think the course is going to be really flat around Eton Lake at Eton college in London. So,that's good.

Meg - Yep. I like the word too but it makes me think of the gumi candies. :D How can I find you on facebook?