Thursday, April 3, 2008

Salsa lessons....



Last night after English club and Bible Study I went by metro to Keleti Train Station to meet Dori, a big group of Hungarian and American students and my dance partner, Kyle, for salsa lessons. Kyle is an American student doing a math internship here in Budapest until May. He reminds me of my little brother Jeremy. I'm so thankful that Kyle is like me and just having fun with it. At the same time, we are helping each other out with the moves and it's not weird.

Salsa is actually a lot of fun, but some of the moves are a bit too sensual for my taste when it comes to dancing with someone who is not your spouse. But Kyle has helped keep that awkwardness to a minimum and for that I'm thankful. I think if you were going to lessons with your spouse, it would be different. You'd feel a bit more liberty to be yourself. But in this context, I'm just learning salsa because I wanted to take dance lessons in 2008. And Kyle just happens to want to learn it too. I'm just glad he hasn't made it more awkward in those moments than it could have been.
-----------

I biked 10 miles in 53 minutes today. My arm is a bit sore and I have to balance the bike up and down the stairs on my left arm since my right one is still recovering. It makes me that much more thankful for good health.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you have a good dance partner and that things aren't awkward!

Take care of that arm and enjoy the salsa dancing!

Jen in Budapest said...

Thanks Annette! Hows Personal Training going?