Saturday, April 26, 2008

Creative Design



Tomorrow at Alexandria Bookstore I will give the second half of this discussion on the topic -- Pop-culture and self-image. I found this you tube clip and I'm going to actually show it to introduce the final point. "Ultimately" is misspelled in the clip but I hope it doesn't take away from the content. I don't know how to correct the misspelled word but hopefully it will be minor.

Basically, the message is which mirror are you looking into for self-definition and is it lying to you?
I propose that there are three main mirrors:
1) the mirror of pop-culture/the world
2) the mirror of self-judgment
3) the mirror of God's word/the Bible

I'm getting inspired and excited. I hope the message comes across tomorrow. Tomorrow I'm going to focus on the third mirror with a brief review of the first two mirrors.

Thanks for your prayers. I appreciate them and I hope that people are helped and encouraged to think about the mirrors they are looking into for self-definition. I like the phrase in the You Tube clip --

"We can change our outward appearance, but can anything we ever do really change who we are?"

Maybe we will all choose to look more to our creator and ask for His involvement and His purpose in our lives. This will change who we are. He's the one who designed us uniquely and with a specific idea in mind. He owns the owners manual. I hope more of us will consult Him about His intentions!

No comments: