Wednesday, April 2, 2008

13 weeks to game time


I just looked at the calendar and realized I've got 13 weeks until the Sprint Tri in July. The only part I'm worried about is the swim with my shoulder. I need to get my arms and shoulder strong again and ready for it. I'm going to give myself another month before I venture into the swim training and I may go see a doctor soon if it doesn't continue to heal, but I do feel it's getting better.

I ran 40 minutes today with the new Garmin attachment and I'm loving it. GPS didn't pick up until half way through the run, so the pace and distance are off but I can't wait to use it in the future and actually see what I'm running and biking per mile. My goal is to increase 10% on the run each week getting up to one hour. On the fourth, eighth and twelfth week, I will pull back for rest and recovery.

I can't wait to track the biking miles too. I was thinking of biking tomorrow. (Chris is letting me use the bike still and I'm SOO happy about that!) My only problem is getting it down the stairs. It won't fit in the elevator and I used to carry it up and down the stairs with my other arm, the one that's not strong now. Well, I hope to figure it out and get on the bike too.
---------
I miss my family. Time with my sister Noel was too short. So much can happen in just one week of life. I hate the fact that I'm missing out on things and I never want to have regrets either way. I know that when I do the things I believe I am supposed to do, I will not have any regrets in this life. I want to be a part of their lives more than I am now. It's hard from a distance. I know I made the choice to be in Budapest and I do feel as though I'm fulfilling things in my life that are meant to happen here. So I don't regret being here, I just wish both worlds could mesh. I especially feel it with my sister's kids. They change so much and that bothers me. I wish I were closer. Some people probably think, well then, just move back right now. My uncle once said to me, "What did we ever do to you that you would go so far away?" He's missing the point. It has nothing to do with that. For me, it's about living a purposeful life with the things that have been placed in my heart and nations have always been a part of that since I was in high school. I'm still asking God to reveal what that will look like in the future. Nations come to the U.S. too and there are many ways to get involved internationally. What I need is God's wisdom as to His next step. Yes, I make choices but God also directs me. I believe this. Anyways, I'm rambling now but the point is I try not to think about missing family and that part of this journey and just do what I'm supposed to do here. I know if I seek God first with all my heart, He will add all things to my life and it will be a blessing.

2 comments:

akshaye said...

Jen.. a little tip with the Garmin. Leave it sitting on the grass for 5-10 minutes before you start your run (i do it while stretching). It syncs better and is more accurate. Good luck with the next few weeks of training!

Jen in Budapest said...

Thanks for that! I'll do it.