Saturday, July 5, 2008


Although I scheduled a run for this afternoon, I'm not going to do it. It sounds like world war III outside my house and this has been going on since 3 pm (it's now 7 pm). Police sirens, ambulance sirens, and helicopters have been circling about for hours. HOURS. It's quite loud actually and it's been literally non-stop. I imagine this must be what it would be like to find yourself in a war zone.

And then I remembered. The US Embassy sent a notice this past week that the Gay and Lesbian community would be doing demonstrations down the famous Andrassy street and conclude their rally at Heroes Square. In addition, there would be people protesting their demonstrations. Heroes Square is just across the street next to the park where I usually train.




Normally I'd get out for a run anyways, just so I could take pictures and jump into the middle of the action for the sake of the story. But honestly tonight I'm just not up for that. Needless to say it sounds like a war zone out there and it is. It's a cultural war zone.

While looking for a picture to post to go with this blog, I came across an interesting website called World War Pictures that has lots of war memorabilia if you want to check out old posters and pictures.



All I have to say is I'm glad it's not a war but it sure sounds like it and although I'm curious to see just what's going down on the streets, I'm vying for the safer option. I'll read about it and catch on the news.

1 comment:

akshaye said...

Nice artwork!

Too bad it made you miss your run.