Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Youth Camp and other happenings

A Hungarian friend of mine, Anett, asked if I would help her at her annual Christeens youth camp next week. I found out we'll travel near Pecs, a city in Southern Hungary and just west of it is a city called Kaposvar. We will be there for a week and I get to lead a Bible study small group for girls who are advanced in their English. They also asked if I would do a workshop on Pop-culture and Self-image. I'm excited about it.
-------
I was so glad to read that the Red Sox atleast won the last game in the three game series with the Yanks. It's showtime! Red Sox are the epitome of baseball, I think. They are the true blue American team. They are all passion, heart and soul. Love 'em. Those are my peeps.
-------
My creative juices have been flowing recently as I've had a little more time to write, practice guitar, and even came close to bringing out paints yesterday. This week things are slow. I'm an active person so that's not good. The next few days I have a few meetings with girls and then I'll need to pack for the trip but other than that, things are a bit ho-hum, which makes me think of home.
------
I miss family terribly but my phone bills were so high from April through June that I can't afford to call as much and that's just a bummer. Thank God for Skype, which is free but even after two years of living here my family at best only minimally understands how to sms or talk through the FREE skype. Instead, I set up a Las Vegas area code skype number (I still am amazed at how these things work) and they can call my skype, but it charges me. Even though it's minimal compared to using cell phones (I've done that too and ouch), it still costs to stay in touch.
-------
The weather in Budapest has been quite irregular I guess compared to other summers. But I don't mind it at all! The cooler breeze, the rain, the clouds are fine for me. Really hot weather can be unbearable sometimes.
-------
Thinking a lot about the future these days and I'm in a really good place. Although once in awhile fears try and creep in, for the most part, I'm confident that things will unfold this next year in a great way. There's nothing to fear but fear itself.

3 comments:

Cliff said...

If there is no fear, life will be too boring...

Youth camp is fun. I spent a weekend with some highschool youths at my church retreat.

It was a blast...it is very encouraging to see some have the potential to become strong Christian leaders..

Jen in Budapest said...

Hey Cliff!

Well, maybe theres some truth to that but I'm talking about internal fears that hinder us from moving forward. :D Not the good kind of fears.

Great that you got to do that. Nice. Thanks for your weight training advice too. Appreciate it. Jen

No(dot dot)el said...

we miss you too jen- feb will be here before ya know it.