Friday, July 18, 2008

Reflecting on Change

This isn't a new place.

I've been here before.

I'm familiar with the caterpillar whose wanting to find a place to mulch, knowing that wings and butterfly beauty are on the other side. There's a cocoon to spin which will not only transform my being but serve to protect and shield me even insulate me as the new formation takes place.

Change is a weathering element in life and not everyone handles it well. It's affect on me often brings about an internal metamorphosis and I always look back with great pleasure. It's looking forward that can be difficult. Adjustments, refining, alterations, reshaping, exchange, reorganization, rearrangement -- all words that perfectly fit the description as I reflect on what exactly change does in my life. Most of these themes are familiar. The landscape is well-known as life throws all sorts of changes our way and how will we adapt?

It is the element of the unknown that often brings the most fear. But it also brings to light the things that are in my heart and the things that are most important.

I've been here before. I'm sure I'll be here again and again over my lifetime. For this isn't a new place.

"Don't throw away your confidence; It will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done God's will you'll receive what was promised." Hebrews 10:35

"This is the confidence we have in approaching God through Christ - if we ask anything, He hears us....whatever we ask....." 1 John 5:14

"If the love of Christ is in your heart you..will find that you will have the courage to do whatever He directs you to do." Henrietta Mears

2 comments:

No(dot dot)el said...

good scriptures and reminders for me jen. thanks for that. love you sis. seems as though 3 of the 5 pellants have the storm of change a brewing.

Jen in Budapest said...

Hey sis!!

Gina told me about your new laptop!! Woo hoo!!
Once you go MAC, you never go black...back...back, I mean back...he he. :D