Friday, July 25, 2008

Spin class tonight and question

So this weekend I'm going to hang out with Lisa just outside of Budapest. We'll go to spin class tonight and make it a girls movie night. Looking forward to it! I love our conversations too so I'm sure we'll have a lot of fun.

--------

If you have a good strength training program that you follow religiously, would you mind sending it my way? I am good at following a plan. The Sprint Tri plan worked great and I'm on track with the 1/2 marathon. Unfortunately I've realized that I have completely neglected strength training not because I don't want to (OK, it isn't my favorite) but because I don't go to a gym or have a gym membership so I just have free weights, a mat and a balance ball at home. I need some type of (M/W/F) plan of some sort to follow because otherwise I will never reach my goal of getting toned and losing some of the extra love handle areas.

Thanks guys.

Have a great weekend.

5 comments:

akshaye said...

Enjoy your spin session!

On strength training, I had a post on a core strength workout. Besides this I use the machines in the gym and squats for a leg (quads, hamstrings and calf) workout twice a week.

Unknown said...

maybe try that 100 pushup challenge that everyone seems to be doing. it's working my core and upper body

Cliff said...

hey Jen,

When I use to workout, I would...

Mon - back and bicep
Wed - chest and tricep
Fri - legs

And I would do a 30 min run after each workout. Granted back then i was training for a half marathon.

Is there a specific reason for you to weight train (like build up a stronger core or work on balancing your muscles?)

If not, then I would trim down on the weight train and get more run in. Or cross train like spinning or swimming.

But that's just me..i just enjoy more aerobic exercise than weights :P

Anonymous said...

Definitely get yourself on some kind of strength training plan. It will make a difference in your running, etc! Whatever you end up choosing, make sure it's well-balanced and you get in all the major muscle groups.

Jen in Budapest said...

thanks everyone > :D

Good stuff

JEn