Thursday, July 17, 2008

Back in the saddle

The last few days back in Budapest have been really low key. Not much going on here. I've barely stepped out of the apartment. I actually don't mind these low key moments. But workouts have been slim to nil since Saturdays race. Lots of reflection, lots of thoughts and plans for the future not only with physical fitness but with what lies ahead in the months to come regarding my future. Just held in a place of confidence and trust that God orders and directs steps.

When it comes to working out, I am ready for a new goal and a new plan to begin working towards and it looks like the 1/2 marathon in September is going to be my next event. Although I'm sure I could swing the Sprint Triathlon next weekend in Northern Hungary, I'm still reveling in the glory of London and I'm just not sure I want to push it for next weekend's event.

Thankful for my own bed. Thankful for this place that I call home at the moment. Thankful for family and friends. Looking forward to what is coming! With anticipation and a bit of nervous joy, I am trusting that God is going to direct my every step. I may not know what the future holds, but I KNOW WHO holds the future! :D

2 comments:

akshaye said...

Rest up.. I'm sure the HM journey will be as exciting!

Cliff said...

Jen,

I enjoy the pre and post race moments. Those are the calmest moments in my life where I just focus on God instead of distractions along the way.

I read your race report and boy did you had a blast out there. Once you tri, you can't go back. There are just too much encouragement to give and receive in a race.

The bed never felt so good after a hard race :)..enjoy!!