Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Checking in.....


It's hard to believe I'm checking in with a post-London blog here on the first day I've been able to get online since last week. (Actually what a beautiful break it has been not to have access to internet!).

I'll give the full race report soon with pictures but at the moment, I'm going to crash in my own bed! It was a great vacation/first Sprint Triathlon and ahhh, how wonderful it is to be back in Budapest. After sleeping on a mattress for two nights, a hotel room bed for two nights and on the floor for two nights, there's nothing like the comfort of your own bed.

Real quick though....
Not only did I survive, I did better than expected! I actually surprised my friend Lara with the energy I had left over when I crossed the finish line saying "Bring it on!" for the next Sprint Triathlon and made resolution after resolution to train better, eat better and be at the top of my game next time around! But none of that now -- I'm going to revel in the glory of being a first timer.

How fun it was to get out there in the middle of the action. I was nervous, but I felt God encourage me and I remembered all the training sessions that have helped build my stamina this past year.

I LOVED IT!! I'M SOOO HOOKED. I LOVED IT!!

No turning back for me now.

I LOVED IT, LOVED IT, LOVED IT!!!

My times were as follows:
Swim 10:51
Bike 47:47
Run 26:56

With a total tri time of> 01:29:08.
My times in between transitions from Swim to Bike (47:47 seconds)
and from Bike to Run (26:56 seconds.)

More later!

I love having goals and reaching them!
.....I can do all things through Christ's living, active power which strengthens me.

9 comments:

akshaye said...

Jen.. Congratulations! Sounds like you had a blast.. cant wait for the full report. Sleep all you need - you earned it!

~Robyn~ said...

CONGRATS GIRL!!!!!!!! I knew you could do it...and do it well! You're awesome...and Sooooooo addicted :)

No(dot dot)el said...

YIPEE, I am so so so so proud of you!! Can't wait to hear more.

Cliff said...

Hey Jen,

Congrats. During my first triathlon, on the bike ride, i already knew this is what I was born for :)

I am glad you had a great time out there.

Now enjoy your R&R :)

TimmyMac said...

That's just great, Jen! Your accomplishment is inspirational!

Alison said...

Congrats on your sprint-tri! Can't wait to hear more about it and see some pics...Love ya!

Meg said...

Congratulations! Those look like great times! I'm happy you enjoyed it so much.

Anonymous said...

Glad the race was such a postive experience for you. Sounds like a great effort.

Unknown said...

Way to go, Jen!