Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Yellowstone Park













If you are planning a trip to Yellowstone this summer, one of the Hungarian girls from the University found a summer job there and just arrived yesterday. This is such an exciting adventure for her.




She just called me on Skype to tell me that everything went well and despite the long flight to the West Coast, she is doing good. She said that American people are so friendly. She went through customs in Denver and was literally shocked at how kind they were to her. (I can relate as I had reverse shockage when I first came to Hungary and people were so somber).

She had her first experience in Walmart, walking around for two hours. She loves it! There's nothing like that here in Budapest. She said, "Everything is so organized and you can find everything what you need. It's just great and the quality is good! I didn't want to leave." Yes, we are spoiled in the U.S. as we wouldn't necessarily call things from Walmart quality.

Being overseas has helped me realize that there are so many beautiful places to discover in the U.S. On the West Coast alone, there are tons of incredibly gorgeous areas that I've never been to. Things like Yellowstone, the Grand Canyon, the Redwoods.

When Dori gets back to Budapest in September, she is going to start an internship with us -- working in translation and communications. Her University approved the internship and I'm so excited for her and for us! We desperately need her help and she's anxious to learn more English, American culture and what it means to be a Christ-follower. She'll have a lot of exposure to biblical foundations and courses offered in servant leadership as she will be helping us with translation. Plus, it will be really nice to have another girl in staff meetings! Did I mention how much I detest them? As I try and work myself out of a job in Hungary, I'm prayerful that these girls will reach their peers because I miss the wide open spaces of the USA and I'd like to return to the land of my birth.

No comments: