Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Rest and Recovery

As this is taper week, I'm having a good time not rushing around early in the morning to workout. I've had more time to read blogs, catch up on facebook pictures and download some songs with chords to start learning basic guitar. I'm building up callouses on my fingers too. I guess I should do the dishes and wash laundry but I'm letting myself be on a long chain and letting the creative juices flow.

I'm so inspired by my sister who is in the process of getting a children's book illustrated and published! Her activity is putting a little more fire under my boot-tay as I go back through my creative writing folder and revisit the ideas I once had to write a thing or two. Not that anything is going to happen on that for me anytime soon, but I do hope to write a few things before I die some day.

I'm borrowing a book from my former roommate, Anna, called "The Right to Write" by Julia Cameron. It's o.k. I don't really need inspiration to write. I love it and my biggest inspiration came about five years ago when Madonna wrote a children's book. I just thought, "Give me a break!!!" If that woman can write a children's book, more kudos to my sister and others (maybe me someday) who take on this venture to write!

2 comments:

akshaye said...

How neat.. I'd love to see it! Thats something I'd like to do someday... unfortunately all the writing I do these days is mostly academic.

Jen in Budapest said...

Well, everything in its time. I don't feel rushed about it either. But it sure is an inspiration to see what my sis is doing.