Monday, July 7, 2008

Nervous

My last few workouts have been OK but at this point, they are what they are and there's no turning back. I definitely felt stronger than I have in a long time running yesterday. My first two miles were under 9 minutes - 8:10 and 8:38 but then I got a side cramp but I continued running and focused on my breathing. My last two miles were pathetic. Oh well. On Friday my biking times were awesome! I think I'll be able to make good time on the bike. What I'm most worried about is this swim. Yikes!! I just hope I don't get overly distracted by flailing arms and kicking legs. Thanks for all the advice. I'll definitely be looking for a pair of feet that don't kick a lot, try and stay in the middle and go from there. As far as what to eat, since it's an afternoon race, I'm thinking they will have stuff at the event that I can grab and I'm thinking protein shake type meal.

So, according to my trianing plan -- most likely just to keep me moving and limber, I have a 15 minute run, bike and swim this week but I also want to make up a 20 minute swim I skipped from last weeks plan. So, the goal is 15 minute all out run today, a 35 minute swim tomorrow and, when I get to London and get the bike, I'm going to take it out and get used to riding it for 15 minutes. It's sort of like going on a blind date that your friend set up or something. You have absolutely no idea what to expect, just that your friend recommended this person (bike) to you and you trust them. I have no idea if it's my size, what type of bike or anything about it. So, yes. I'm a bit nervous about that too actually when I think about it.

Oh my gosh! I really didn't think I'd get this nervous about it. But, what I've heard over and over again is HAVE FUN. So, that's the plan. I have NOTHING to lose and everything to gain. I'll give it my best.

I doubt I'll have much access to internet while in London and since I haven't seen my friend Lara in 2 years, we will no doubt be having a good time with the extra few days we planned for vacation.

3 comments:

akshaye said...

Jen - Good luck for the big race! I look forward to your report when you get back. Your training has been great and you're so ready for this. Just have a blast and enjoy every moment of the tri.

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a great race and enjoy your time in London. I'll look forward to reading about the experience.

Jen in Budapest said...

Thank you very much guys! :D