Thursday, July 24, 2008

A Spin class postponed


Last night I was going to meet Lisa for a spin class she's been telling me about. It's every Monday, Wednesday, Friday night at 8 pm and she loves it. I haven't been for a long time and I was ready to feel the burn!

It takes about an hour and 15 minutes to get to where I was going to meet Lisa. She picked me up at a bus stop and from there we traveled another 15 minutes. When we got to the little gym the lady said in Hungarian,
"Sorry ladies. No class tonight. The lady who does it just had her baby."

Hate it when the spin class instructor has her baby! (just kidding.)
I was surprised she was teaching the class all the way up until her final term! Good for her. Apparently she was a really good instructor too. So I asked

"When will be the next class?" (in Hungarian)

"Penteken" (on friday) and that a new lady would be teaching it.

Lisa and I were so ready, so prepared for spin class but since we were there we decided to work out anyways. I haven't worked out in a gym in a very long time. All my training has been outdoors except for swimming. I jumped on the bike for 30 minutes and did stair/stepper thingys for 15 minutes. We talked for a lot of that time and on the car ride back to the bus stop. The conversation was soooo good (all about guys and how do we live our lives as single woman who choose to trust God and not be the modern day "pursuers" that are out there. Lots of good nuggets exchanged and mutual encouragement) We both agreed it's tougher to be the woman. The fact that we both are women didn't seem to sway our biased sentiments. :D) It was such a good conversation that she ended up giving me a ride all the way home. Awesome!

I'm sure there's a spin class that's closer to me but the problem is finding it with the language barrier. Even looking online doesn't help because most sites are in Hungarian. I may have found one but then there is the problem that you hope you read things right and when you get down there you hope it's easy to communicate. The company of the familiar is often most enjoyable. And then again, the company of the familiar can also deliver their child and cause rescheduling to occur. :D So it's sort of a win-win situation as I look at it....er.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Too bad the class was canceled, but glad you got in a workout anyway. Sounds like some unbiased conversation as well ;)

akshaye said...

That's too bad .. a long way to travel too. But at least you could use the gym.

I don't know about any one sex being tougher.. I think its more about being tough enough to make your own choices. That's whats hard.

Ben G said...

Spin classes are hard core. I admire you for going to them.
Sucks it was cancelled.