Monday, July 21, 2008

Cinderella Man


Based on a true story, Russell Crowe and Renee Zellweger star in this film about the life of Jim Braddock. It's one of my all time favorite films. It came out about three years ago and I've seen it over and over again.

As Americans, most of us only know of the Great Depression as a bleak moment in our country's history. This story puts the struggles of one family into perspective and gives a reminder of what times were like back then through the eyes of one man who was actually given an opportunity to rise above the poverty because he was a boxer.

I think I love the way his wife loves him through the ups and downs of life. I love their relationship, their friendship, their love for their family. I love what a GOOD man Jim Braddock is as he has to figure out a way to provide for his family in the middle of the great depression.

If you haven't seen this film, I recommend it.
My eyes well up with tears every time she says to him "You're a good man...."

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this movie as well.

akshaye said...

I love this movie as well.. its the same director-script team that did Beautiful Mind, one of my other all time favorites.

Jen in Budapest said...

Interesting...didn't know that. Beautiful Mind is another good one. Sad, but good.