Thursday, June 26, 2008

Bikram Yoga continued....






So, I've been doing Bikram for four days straight. I have a 10 day pass for the price of about $!2 and so I'm trying to use it up. It's well worth it. Already I can feel so much happening as I stretch and flex. And you sweat SOOOOOO much, it's got to be doing something. Seriously. My clothes are DRENCHED when I'm done.

I was able to get my newest houseguest, Taylor Ann from Florida, and my newest friend Lisa who teaches and lives in Budapest to join me. We were having fun trying to do one of the postures. Power in numbers, you know?? I'm so glad I'm sharing this experience with someone since I can't share it with sis Noel just yet until Christmas time rolls around.

Six more days to go on this Bikram Yoga pass but honestly I'm a bit achy tonight. You wouldn't think that something as mellow as yoga would do this to your body but wow. Then again, I also ran 3 miles and kept it within the 8 and 9 minute range. I have a lot ahead the next week and a half before the taper starts and the race comes on July 12th.

I'm currently planning all the details for the race in London and it's a bit scary, to be honest. I can't believe I'm doing it. I got a little nervous yesterday thinking about it. I truly hope I can survive. I think I'll be alright. Here's the race path I'll be taking.

2 comments:

Tiger said...

Hey Jen -

Would love to have you post these pictures + a couple comments about the studio @ http://www.bikramfinder.com - the Bikram yoga social network. You'd be helping all the traveling hot yoga fans :-)

No(dot dot)el said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these pics Jen, I can't wait either to share in the bikram experience with you.
So exciting. I am also so excited for your tri experience coming up here pretty quick. Can hardly wait myself.