Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Summertime? Running again in the rain!

Last night I decided I'd do something interesting. In an effort to increase miles, I needed to make the run "fun." So, after every two miles, I'd stop and take pictures around city park and then keep running. Although my "long" run came in at 5 miles (I know it's pathetic especially for all you ultras out there!) but it's the longest I've done this training season and I ended up taking some decent pictures. My running goal is the 1/2 marathon in September. I'm not terribly concerned about the running part of the Tri, although maybe I should be. All I know is I'm definitely the tortoise in these things.

So, here's some pictures from yesterday's run.... There's creative graffiti, art formations, incredibly lined roads with trees and cyclists which I always enjoy. Yes, I even took a picture of sweaty me with beautiful trees in the background. On Monday you may remember that it rained. Well, tonight it rained again while running.
























































































------
Tonight I was going to try and run 3 or 4 miles with the Expat group at Margaret Island. I thought I would bike over and meet up with the group. Unfortunately, I timed everything within minutes and when I wheeled Chris' bike out, I realized it had a flat tire. Not a problem. Quick change of plans, I decided I'd take public transport and hope to make it on time. But when I walked outside it was thunder clouds, lightening and rain. I knew it would be even worse at Margaret Island but I was determined to workout tonight. So, I walked across the street to the city park and ran 2 miles. After about 1.5 miles I started dripping with rain all over my body and figured I better get inside. I'm not one of those people who worries about getting sick, but when I got inside I already had a cough and figured I came in before it got worse. Oh well. Tomorrow morning is a scheduled swim.

2 comments:

No(dot dot)el said...

my friend sue says that's the best way to run. run for 9 min walk 1 min. to give your body time to recoupe. i like the idea.

akshaye said...

Nice .. thats a fun way of getting in the miles!