Saturday, June 14, 2008

McCafe Coffee


Yes my friends.

Coffee from McDonalds looks this good in Budapest.

They have a unique thing called a "McCafe" inside McDonalds which is only separated by ambiance - more like a Coffee house within McDonalds where they sell only coffees and pastries/desserts.I know, hard to imagine, but true.....

And yes, this is their beautiful cappuccino of which I partook yesterday afternoon while meeting my new American friend, Lisa, who is a running, biking, swimming enthusiast. Lisa works for the International School in Budapest where foreign diplomats kids and missionary kids go to school. Lisa has quickly become my new training partner this summer since my other American friend, Nora, packed up and headed back to NYC a few months ago. I'm excited! She knows of a great spinning class on Mon/Wed/Fri evenings. I know where the Bikram Yoga -- so we're good to go!


Back to the coffee -- depending on your waiter, you may get these amazing designs whirled into your drink.

Cool huh??? You never knew McDonalds could be so "cafe" like!!

4 comments:

Cliff said...

Now that's a coffee...

Unknown said...

That's some fancy coffee. I would never have guessed it was from a McDonald's!

akshaye said...

Unbelievable! They would put starbucks out of business with that.

Btw - I was watching US Open Golf over the weekend and they kept showing these gorgeous Pacific views (it was near San Diego). Reminded me of your yearning for the sea!

Jen in Budapest said...

Cliff - yep, it's pretty darn good too :D

Lisa - I know, I know.

Akshaye - I believe they would....I heard a rumor (can't validate it for sure) that McD's in the states is beginning to turn many into remodeled McD's with the McCafe's too. If so, we'll all have to start thinking about McD's differently.

That's just wrong, Akshaye! How could you mention it....I'm dyin' here. I'm landlocked for the entire summer unless something miraculous happens! Nah, that's awesome. The Pacific Coast is incredible.