Monday, June 16, 2008

room time, project time, outside time, happy heart time

Christy has a great schedule going which includes room time, project time and outside time in the mornings. Projects anyone? We have playdough, litebrite and school work. Yes, these were their choices for 'project time'. So cute! I'm really dreading outside time because honestly its a big ordeal getting them into the pool and I know they are going to want to get in the pool. Argh.

They are great kids and doing fairly good too. If they give me attitude, Christy has this thing called "happy heart time". Yep. They are banished to a place until they get a happy heart. If I was a kid I wonder if I'd learn how to master that one just to get out or if I'd actually get a happy heart in the process...Funny. So far no one has had to have this time, but we have come close.

I hope everyone takes a nap. Cuz when they do, I shall be joining in for nap time :D They have dogs in this neighborhood that bark at all hours of the night! Crazy! And Jo-Jo woke through the night almost every hour. I also heard Eliza talking in her sleep. Oh the joy. So, to say the least, I am going to be ready for a nap too.

Miss Andrea comes at 4pm again so I'll get a run in. Never did make it into the pool last night. I'm going to shoot for pool time tonight after they go down.

3 comments:

Meg said...

They still make litebrite? I loved that growing up!
"Happy heart time" sounds great. I wonder if it teaches them to change their attitude/outlook?

akshaye said...

Haha.. yeah I am not sure how the 'happy heart' time would work!

Another day left to play mom!

Jen in Budapest said...

Yep they do still have litebrite! Yeah, I think that's the point to change the attitude/outlook.