Monday, June 16, 2008

Let the kid watching begin

Matt and Christy left today for France where they will check out a language school, meet up with a pastor whose been there 20 years and scout out the port of Marseilles in Southern France as a place to start a work in 2009.

It's a big deal leaving three of your four kids for five days and I'm sure it wasn't easy for them. I hope it will be easier for us :D My prayer for this week is that everyone stays healthy, that there are no serious accidents & injuries (cleaned up my first pee-pee accident with Jo-Jo after getting out of the pool) , that I can handle Eliza's strong personality, no major meltdowns, lots of fun and wisdom to balance them with sibling rivalry. They are very cool kids but they are 5, 3 and 2 years old. Wow!. Every mother is my heroine. That's all I have to say about that! But I think we'll have a great time. I'm believing for the best! I can do this!! I just keep telling myself that in 5 days, I will give them back :D

The great news is that every day for four hours their favorite babysitter comes to help me and give me time to work out or do whatever I want. Thank God! Once the kids go to bed too, I can jump into the pool and swim laps in a lighted pool too.

Well, their nap time is over in about an hour so I better enjoy this "me" time while I have it!

God bless every mother out there!! You truly are my heroines.

3 comments:

akshaye said...

5, 3 and 2. Wow! Good luck :D

Meg said...

Wow. That is A LOT of responsibility. Good luck and have fun with them!

No(dot dot)el said...

Wow Jen, sounds like you have done this before somewhere only with more. You have had lots o practice and I am sure you will be just fine.