Thursday, June 26, 2008

Elevator Music






My former roommate Anna left for the states yesterday for the summer. She'll be back at the end of August. I told her I would like to babysit her guitar while she's gone.

It was quite the adventure taking Anna's guitar from her flat to mine a few nights ago. We had ALOT of fun doing it though. Most people are so somber and sad looking on public transportation. I think we brought a few of them some joy, atleast I'd like to think so!









It's rare to see a guitar out in the open and two girls being silly with it too. At one point, Anna went to take a gulp of water and then started to laugh and ended up spitting it out because she was laughing so hard. This is not normal, especially when you try not to draw extra attention to yourself sitting on the underground metro.

Can I just say that riding public transportation is a lot like going to mass? I remember it was so dead silent when you walked in for that hour, you could hear a pin drop. And unless the priests were talking, there shouldn't be any other noise. Anything out of the ordinary is quickly identified and often looked down upon.

Oh well....We were enjoying our elevator/tram music.

Four years ago, I tried to learn a few chords and just play on my own in my bedroom, try and learn a few worship songs and write a few of my own. Mainly, I wanted to learn so I could sing in the privacy of my own place. I'm not going pro with this thing, just want it for myself.

Well, I have a guitar that desperately needs to be restrung at my parents home in Carson City and I toyed with the idea of bringing it back with me this past January but then I thought about having to bring it back across the Ocean. It's not a priority. It's more like a side hobby - sort of like painting and my curiosity with art.

No comments: