Monday, June 23, 2008

Today's park experience made me laugh

Today ended up being a "get it together" and work out day.....wish I were joining sister Noel in Lake Tahoe for their Monday lake day, but oh well. I'm making the most of my summer in Hungary and it's going to be great! Lots to do, see, etc. :D

I love the summer time, even if it is scorching hot right now in Hungary. There's more free time to take life a little more lazily. Most university and high school students are now traveling and I've only got a few people that I'm meeting with regularly through the summer. Hopefully, I can use this time to train, get organized for teaching in the Fall, and enjoy the extra time -- seeing a few places over here.

Although I woke early and said goodbye to my French guests, it took me awhile to actually get out and run. But by the afternoon, I ran 4 miles. It was incredibly hot outside. While running, I saw a few interesting things.

1) All the serious bikers are out training along the one running loop I love. I enjoy seeing them bike the loop with full concentration because frankly seeing other people working out while I'm working out pushes me when I really don't want to be out there.

2) There was a couple standing in the park making out with their hands all over each other. What struck me as a little bit funny was the girl was atleast a head taller than the guy. OK, maybe that's not funny but for whatever reason, it was funny to me today. I'm always amazed how people are attracted to each other. I think I'd be a little insecure if I were taller because then it would be tough to wear heels, not that I wear them that often, but if I wanted to, I'd have to think twice. OK, obviously that's not the most important thing in a relationship. Funny, nonetheless.

3) I saw an older guy in his 70's who was dressed fairly decent and definitely not the type of someone I would normally associate this action with -- - Yep people. He was peeing on some trash. That's right folks. In plain view in Budapest's city park, the man was taking a wisser. I really laughed at that point. Because when he was done he just carried on like no big deal and kept walking, even looked at me unashamedly. Hmmm, Where am I?
--------------
In the afternoon, I had to take Chris' bike to the bike shop again to have a tire tube changed. While I was there, I also checked out their older bikes again. Can you believe it? I've been so indecisive, plus the fact the dollar's value is down --. I think it's because I don't know enough about bikes, I haven't been forced to have to get one yet and I'm not sure I want the hastle of shipping it back to the U.S. I also looked at helmets and felt like such a dork because I just don't know anything about these things. Yes, folks. I put the bike helmet on backward and we all (me and the salesmen) got a good laugh. Am I really doing this sprint tri thing? I make myself laugh. Such a dork sometimes!

Last week I had a cumulative 19 miles of running. I'd like to increase it this week to 25. I'm also planning a few good swims. I'm going to blog about Bikram Yoga separately, but tonight I had my first 1.5 hour session and can I just say.....I love it!!

2 comments:

akshaye said...

Man.. as much as I hate to say this, that sounds like downtown Atlanta!

Too funny on the backwards helmet :)

No(dot dot)el said...

I wish you were with us as well. Missed you really hard today.
We got all 6 of our bikes up and running Sunday afternoon and can I just say YIPEE to family bike rides to 7/11 for a slurpee time!! funny about the guy in the park. so happy to hear you are a yogi now. love you mucho grande, how's my spanish?