Thursday, June 5, 2008

"Don't tell me my business"



So, my brother's girlfriend is a fireball. Lots of lively discussions. I laughed a ton. She's really fun to tease and she can dish it out too!

Our favorite line to say to one another, "Don't tell me my business." We're both sort of bossy, I guess. :D Actually, it just became a running joke.

If you're wondering why my brother didn't join her to come and see me, I was sort of wondering the same thing. Nah, actually he's a firefighter and fire season started in May. So unfortunately, he couldn't make it over. Plus, he spent 3 months in Europe a few years ago and I think that was more than enough for him.

I didn't know Tanya that well before this trip because her and Greg started dating a few weeks after I left for Budapest 2 years ago. Other than a few bike rides along the Truckee River in Reno last summer, we hadn't spent much time together. But she was here for two weeks! The crazy thing is she grew up one street down from us in what is now considered the ghetto of Carson City.

All I have to say is she's sort of a brat -- a cute brat. I told her so. And, by the end of the time together and all our conversations, I told her her business (our little joke) and she told me my business and, well, yeah. I had Tanya bonding time.

Greg called a few times while Tanya was here and once he said to Tanya, "Take good care of my sister." I think that's because his love language is acts of service. Later he said to me "Thanks for taking care of my girlfriend." She loves him and he loves her from what I can tell.

Strange because with a brother you don't really talk a lot about it. It's sort of their choice in a partner and that's that. I guess that's sort of the male way anyways. Not to talk much......So different with sisters and girlfriends. I know that's a stereotype and not true for everyone. So men, I won't tell you your business....but still. I think there's a lot of truth in the stereotype that men don't like to talk (or don't have as much to say) as women do! Am I right or am I right?

2 comments:

No(dot dot)el said...

YOU ARE RIGHT!! When I asked if he was happy his woman was coming home he said, Yeah, I guess. SHeesh Greg, I know darn well he is but ya know, can't exceed his word limit for the day.

scoeyd said...

I'd say that Men love to talk & express themselves. They just don't do it consistently in a language that women hear or understand.