Monday, June 9, 2008

Peanut butter and bananas


Tanya brought three jars of Jiffy creamy peanut butter from the states and I hope it will last until I go home for Christmas.

Can I just say I love banana slices with peanut butter? Delicious. Although I've never tried the famous fried sandwich version that Elvis apparently loved so much, can I just say that I'm trackin' with the king on this one.

And, well, in celebration of this glorious food - Did you know that there's a National Peanut Butter day? Yep. Apparently, January 24th.

3 comments:

Matty C. said...

Jen - As much as I admire the banana thing, I'm a huge fan of the peanut butter and chocolate chips. It's like a mound of Reese's Peanut Butter Cup in your mouth. I must say, it's by far my favorite and I eat it most nights. At least a little bit. I can't deprive myself of the good things in life. It's a must try. It'll even make you run a little bit farther. It's got a few more calories. But well worth it. Trust me

By the way, I was in some training today for work and your mom was in the class and introduced herself to me.

akshaye said...

Thats my fav afternoon snack! A banana and peanut butter sandwich. Although I love the crunchy. I tried this all natural peanut butter and its amazing - so diff from Jiffy, not at all sweet.

Jen in Budapest said...

Matty - I too have enjoyed the chocolate chip/banana thing. Thanks for the reminder! It's good stuff.

Oh I'm sure that was way too interesting for words!...meeting my mom :D

Akshaye - Hmm. have to try it sometime but I definitely prefer the creamy pb.