Friday, January 11, 2008

Back in the Pest again

I arrived last night after almost one full day of travel. All I have to say is there were some GREAT people watching opportunities in the airports. My favorite was Tamra the hairdresser in Reno. The woman had no concept of her loudness to people ratio and all of us flying out of gate C 10 heard her business. I feel like I know her personally. Let me introduce her. She's going to Argentina for 3 weeks, had to rebook her hair appointments, is carrying a bag that apparently she got from a friend who went to Egypt because it has "spiritual meaning" and is working out her dating problems with some guy. I wasn't trying to listen. It was just very difficult NOT to.

And then there was the rock star band in London. I sat down to eat and read and stay awake in a restaurant called "Giraffes" during my four hour layover. This band of guys came with their guitars, cymbal bag, etc. and an older man who was their manager was with them. They were talking about where they would be going next on tour, how far the train ride would be and they had super cool accents. They were talking about a video to be released and some things that apparently happened in their last concert. Then they got into this whole thing about race car driving and I found it fascinating. They came and sat literally right next to me so it was tough to miss some of their dialogue.

Anywyas, I'm completely out of denial, realizing I'm not the minimalist that I thought I was when I originally moved over in 2006. Bath and Body Works after Christmas sales on lotions and body butter attributed atleast 10 extra pounds in my luggage, not to mention books and a new Bible for Nori. But I'm stocked for the coming year and will use these as giveaways at some ladies events.

I was surprised to see Nori and Peter at the airport! What a huge treat that was and a very welcomed greeting. I was exhausted by the time I got to Budapest. For whatever reason, travel this time was tough on the body. Oh yeah, I was practically carrying another person.

I'm trusting God that this year is going to be fruitful. 2008 is gonna be great. Cliche, but I believe it's true.

1 comment:

No(dot dot)el said...

miss you already , i got my application and i filled it out. turning it in on monday.