Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The Prez


I love hearing US News from a European perspective. It's always quite interesting. BBC News it fairly good, but sometimes they make it sound so dramatic.

I listened to a little of Bush's speech at an American Helicopter company in Torrance, California. I started to get nostalgic for Redondo Beach and the area near Torrance...the city I lived in for awhile. Yes, I miss the ocean. But I digress.

I thought the President did a good job speaking on the economy today and I liked what he said to inspire investments. I do hope the US pulls out of this housing slump. It sounds like the President is trying to get some things done to avoid a slump in the economy at large. Just my thoughts from afar. And a reminder that I need to seriously start thinking about who I'll vote for in November. I also need to figure out how to do that at the US Embassy here in Budapest. Kind of exciting to be an out of the country voter and not in the military. ha.

2 comments:

Lewie Tenorio said...

Illy Coffee! It's big out here in the Marianas. Too bad all I can do is suck in the aroma. No worries, I get my kicks from doing tris. Nothing like racing up a steep climb to spike the heart rate. Good luck on your tri and keep us posted. Warning: You could get addicted.

Jen in Budapest said...

Yeah, it's good but I miss Starbucks. ;0) Good for you kickin' the habit...that's kind of extreme...then again your a tri junkie so that's extreme too, I think. Thanks for the well wishes.