Tuesday, January 29, 2008

It's official


Well, it's official.

On July 12th I will tri. Yep. I will tri not to DIE.

I sent off the registration form so my first sprint triathlon takes place at Eton College 15 minutes outside of London. The TIMEXWomensonly tri is raising funds and awareness for Breast Cancer. Hows that for being PC.

...holding my breath
...letting it out
......sweaty palms
.......what have I got myself into? ahhhh

But you know, this personal goal keeps me honest.
I have to get out there and workout almost every day.

....and hopefully I'll bring a few girls with me.

Noemi, Hajni (two girls at Elte U) and Eszter are working out with me and I'm trying to convince them to join me. We will see if they can swing it.

Next big challenge - what bike will I ride? Keeping my options open, I just know I won't be biking from Budapest to London to make it happen. Rent or borrow is my plan.

5 comments:

Cliff said...

Once u tri, u will never look back :)....enjoy the journey!

Unknown said...

WoooooHoooooo!!

Jen in Budapest said...

thanks for the encouragement. i appreciate it.

No(dot dot)el said...

Congratulations, Jen. I am excited for you. It will be in London? That sounds like a great place. I sign up for the River Rock Half marathon here this week. We went to our first meeting last night. Should be fun and interesting.

Jen in Budapest said...

yep, isn't that exciting? Some friends are gonna help me get it together there. Go Noel! That's a big deal. Excited for ya.