Saturday, January 26, 2008

Crushed Orange, Well Traveled

Livingroom themes are dancing through my head. I'm in "flat excitement mode" as I think about moving in a few weeks and how I want to make the place look. The new flat has lots of potential. It's already furnished and the livingroom is big enough to have lots of parties for every occasion. I decided I'm going to find crushed orange accent pieces for the livingroom and give it an international theme. I hope this bold orange will be enough color in this very "cremeish" room. I'll be looking at Ikea for some inexpensive pillows and other decor to go on the futon couch/bed. It's actually kind of uncomfortable to sit on the futon so maybe a lot of extra pillows will help. Yep. I think I've decided. I'm loving it. The picture here is the one I thought I could ask Eszter to paint and write something like "Well Traveled" below it. Kind of cool. The one she painted for the kitchen took six hours (and I pretended to paint with her) Yes....Six hours of painting is prime talk time! And God used it for sure. You can't beat that. Plus, she's doing something she absolutely loves. And I absolutely love that she loves doing it. I'm learning from her too.On the subject of color and paint, Eszter's birthday is coming up. She was telling me that growing up they had no money but she loved to paint. So her mom would let her take old sheets and cut them out, placing wood behind it and then paint on it as a canvas. She still has her works. Wow. That's creative. It's time she gets some painting supplies. Birthdays are a perfect time for that.

2 comments:

No(dot dot)el said...

ohhhh, be careful with orange. do you remember our paint experience with orange- if you weren't there within the 48hours that we left it up then you wouldn't remember but i am telling ya , be careful. some of the tones can make ya crazy. love the painting though.
can't wait to meet eszther.

Jen in Budapest said...

Really? OK, I think I remember you guys using that and getting into trouble...Well, I also decided to use that olive green, so hopefully it will look good. Can't wait until you get your passport ;0)