Friday, January 25, 2008

Timex Tri



So for my first event, I'm looking at the TIMEX Tri. It's for women only, raising funds and awareness for the pink ribbon cancer issue, which actually makes me feel a bit more "safe". Probably sounds strange but I started thinking of all the variables on race day and got a bit overwhelmed. So many things I still need to prepare and SOOO far I need to go for training. But I like this idea for a first event. It's taking place at Eton College, Dorney Lake -- the very same site they will use for two events in the 2012 Olympic Rowing Competitions. Maybe that will be the closest I come to going to an Olympic game - my dream.....

Anyways, my friend in London said he could find a place for me to stay and we could figure things out for the travel distance (It's about an hour from London's city center but public transportation is close). I would love to get a few of the girls to join me. This one might be it! I have to get my registration in soon if I'm going to do it.

No comments: