Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Late Night Talks

I absolutely love to hear the thought processes of people. I love to hear how people think, why they think that way and discover some of the things that shape them into who they are today. The most intriguing thoughts by far are those thought processes that go into a guy-girl relationship and the thought processes of old people. Old people have incredible stories that few of us stop and take the time to hear. They sure have lived through a lot and I always find it interesting. Wisdom tucked away in stories of their life.

But my highlight includes the male-female understandings. Tonight was the roundtable with Mo, No, Greg, his girlfriend Tanya and *moah*. And discussions broke out about how women approach the "honey do" list and the way that men feel nagged sometimes.

Why don't women come right out and tell men what they need or are looking for in a direct and rational way?

I can speak authoritatively on this one since I'm a woman. From what I've observed, read and experienced in my own life women, who are prone to intuition about rationalism, think that men have the same thought process as they do. Instead of telling men in a direct way we think they just "know" or will "get it" like our girlfriends, sisters and mothers do --- intuitively. But we were not created the same, obviously, and that's the beauty of it. It all has to do with how we think. And I think men and women think and respond to things differently in many situations.

It's insightful and funny to hear the thought processes of men and women and it reminds me again that all of life is a miracle.....how we work things out, communicate, choose to love. It's easy to see everyone's point of view. I love to read about relationships.....some of what I read proved true in these late night talks. Then again we are all individuals with our own grid of reality and our own way of thinking. Then I realize that I need wisdom because my thoughts are not like God's. They are human and based on experience or lack thereof. I need to understand how HE thinks, how he wants me to respond and try and live that way in my world.

I loved tonights late night talk....helps me forget the onset of seasickness I'm experience as I get ready to dive back into the other side of the world.

6 comments:

No(dot dot)el said...

i just realized i didn't approve of this message on here of just me and you. nope, not approved, must find a new one.
okay about this blog topic, this was an interesting conversation and i hope we didn't cause too many waves with greg and tanya :)

scoeyd said...

Walking in two worlds is tough...

You're awfully brave, being willing to speak authoritatively on behalf of women :)

I've tried to do that a couple of times, & found that it is better to be silent & be thought a fool, than it is to speak, & to remove all doubt.

Jen in Budapest said...

Noel, I'm not sure I get what you mean....you might have to explain. P Louie, are you calling me a fool? Thanks for that..... No, I'm sticking to this one guys.....of course there are exceptions and I'm ok with that. ;0)....

No(dot dot)el said...

jen i was talking bout the picture on your blog of me and you. thought you would get the code.
and i could be wrong but i think louie was being sarcastic, because you can speak authoratively on all things woman cause you is ONE, he on the other hand NOT so much.

Jen in Budapest said...

Yeah, NOT so much a woman.

Jen in Budapest said...

do you like the new pics of me and you? do you approve of the message?