Sunday, January 6, 2008

sea sick

I hate the last few days before traveling one way or the other across the ocean. There is an odd sense of displacement knowing that you belong in both places for various reasons. Crazy thing is I love what I'm doing in Budapest. I also love my family and being near them here in Northern Nevada. Reality is, I'd love what I was doing wherever I am because I choose to live that way and to be thankful in all things. I fully love being home and I fully love being in Budapest. I just don't love the tug of war on my heart. Feels a bit like what I imagine sea-sickness to be like.

3 comments:

No(dot dot)el said...

well, i for one am feeling sick alright!! can you just stay home next time?

No(dot dot)el said...

okay i know that wasn't very nice but if i come see you will you come home with me as a carry on?

Jen in Budapest said...

maybe....can you come next december? really. I hope you come this year, Noel.....