Thursday, January 31, 2008

Budapest Tri club


This morning Nona and I ran and biked around Hero's Square. Nona is from New York and married a Hungarian man. I was fortunate to find her so we can talk about all things "tri". She's competed in a few and her husband is also an avid biker.

Anyways, we were talking about how there are no real training groups here in Budapest. It's a real bummer because if there were groups meeting early in the morning to train, we would both join.

So I said to her, why don't we start one, Nona? I think we might do it. This Saturday I'm meeting one of the college girls to run at Margaret Island. I'm going to talk to her about it because she's planning to compete in a relay Ironman with a few other girls and I thought it would be great to train together. So, here's to Budapest Tri Club....How does that sound as a good name for the group?

8 comments:

Kellye Mills said...

Wow! That is so cool that you are living abroad! Are you there for college or with a husband?

I also love it when people get inspired to do their first triathlon. I can't explain why, but you will be 100% addicted afterwards! :)

When is your first one?

Thanks for commenting on my blog! It's really nice to meet you in cyberspace! :)

And I LOVE the new group name in addition to the fact that you and your friend will begin it. All things have beginnings! Best of luck to you!

BreeWee said...

I agree with Kellie, you will be hooked. We got hooked!
Hey, BEST of luck to you and Nora's tri club! AND I love your play list... some of these are my favorite songs... I like to visit your blog just to listen to your tunes!!!
Cheers to ya!

Cliff said...

Jen,

That's super cool. Cool that u are starting a tri club. Cool that you get to talk tri.

Around my friends, I rarely talk about tri. I look forward to the times when I can train with others and talk about training, shaving, sweating etc :D...it's all good!!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great idea and a great name as well. I'll pray for your success.

The Lazy Triathlete said...

You will love the sport. It truly is addictive. Much like my cup of coffee this morning!!

I think starting the club will be awesome. Nothing like jumping in with both feet. Good job!!!

Unknown said...

Best wishes with the Tri club. Have fun with it!

Jen in Budapest said...

I appreciate the encouragement. Just want to get out there and do it "daily."

Unknown said...

Hi there , I am also interested in participating in a triclub. Could you share some more info pls?