Friday, February 1, 2008

Tonight

Tonight was pretty cool. I used some Hungarian...It works well until you're in a conversation and they believe you might actually speak the language so they rattle off tons of things that you have NO idea what was just said. That stinks.

Olimpia Kavezum - the place for the FEK YOUTH KLUB. The streets and buildings surrounding the entrance are dirty and it's in an obscure place in the corner of a mini-shopping area. But you walk inside and the atmosphere is life-giving, full of warm smiles and fun times. It brought back memories of when I first became a Christian in high school and Noel and I found some new friends at the Lighthouse in Reno.

High school students were everywhere, catching up from the break. About 40-60 kids come every Friday and my friend Zack, who works with the high school arm of CCFC, invited me to come and check it out. He wants EN to work with them in the high schools. They have a gig every Friday night and in March, when an outreach team comes from Florida, we will join them in the high school and promote the "Battle of the Bands" with them. This is their third year hosting the Battle of the Bands and it's been a big hit. Zach said we can promote anything we're doing and build relationships with the students. He's giving us "free reign" and that's pretty exciting. They have been invited by the Hungarian government to come and teach "Youth on the Threshold of Life" in the High schools. Students also like to hear about American culture so we can bring that too. This is very exciting and I can't wait for Chris and Renea to get back so they can jump in!!!

I'm always amazed that I still have something that high schoolers actually want to listen to.... Maybe it's my english, but I had a crowd - - made a few new friends.....Dori, Tina and Hanna....and a few others I can't remember now. So it was fun.....

No comments: