Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The bookstore


On Sunday Andre (music leader) and I were chatting and Andre asked if I would consider joining the music team on Sundays. Maybe someday, but for now, I’m just not feeling it. I think I’m doing good setting up coffee and greeting people as they come in. I love that! Next month we are going to meet twice a month in a very cool, trendy bookstore in downtown Budapest. The music team is trying to come up with songs that can be played over the bookstore intercom as our entire time together will be broadcast throughout the 3 story bookstore.

We met for staff meeting there last week to check it out and get a feel for it. I really think it's going to be great. A little weird to have our whole service broadcast over the intercom of a bookstore, but hey. Kind of cool. So Andre was asking my thoughts on songs even though we will continue to do worship songs they want to add a few others too. I thought “In Your Eyes” or “Love’s Divine” by Seal. I also have a few new favorite Christian songs like “Love Wins” by Robbie Seay Band, “Signature of the Divine” or “Shine On” by Needtobreathe. All of them are upbeat and great. We have two guitar players, the bongos and Andre, Bruce, Lisa and Renea sing.

In April, Jeff asked if I would teach twice at the bookstore. So, the message my friend developed for Straight up Beautiful – about the mirrors that we look into – specifically women, but men too – is what I’ll talk on. I need to figure out a way to make it applicable across the board but the main message is there are three mirrors – the mirror of the world/culture and what people say you should look like, sound like, act like, then there’s the mirror of self-judgment where we judge ourselves by certain standards and finally there’s the mirror of God’s word. And living in the light of God’s word is where we are going…..! I'm excited about it.

The team from Florida comes in March and with it, Katie is bringing my trisuit and some other swimming things! Woo hoo!

BUT EVEN MORE EXCITING..... for me is just after the team leaves, my sister and a good friend are coming to visit!! Woo hoo! They found a cheap ticket and will be on this continent in about a month! I CAN'T WAIT TO SHOW THEM THE OLD WORLD....

5 comments:

No(dot dot)el said...

JENNIFER- you should totally get up there and sing girl. you are a great singer and you know it!!

akshaye said...

Thats awesome that you will have people visiting soon! And that is a great idea to broadcast the service in the store.. very unique!

Jen in Budapest said...

Noel - we are of the Pellant clan where everyone in our family thinks they can sing. But I am not fully deceived. Only partially. You know I sang background vocals for a song called "Night And Shining Armor!!"

Akshaye - Yes, it is awesome to have loved ones visiting. I'm so excited.

No(dot dot)el said...

Bah ha haa ha, that is so funny. What are you saying, I am decieved? I think not, you rock and you know it!!

"You're my knight and shining armor, you're my lovesick romeo" hee hee hee, just thinking about it makes me smile.

Jen in Budapest said...

nah, girl. of course you're the singer....i'm sayin' OTHERS in our family think they can sing and it's debatable......yep, you know it!! ha ha ha....It makes me laugh too...