Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Nona is stellar and I can't wait for March to come

WORKOUT UPDATE: Nona and I ran for atleast 35 minutes and walked a bit too. Can't wait to get a tracker so I can put down actual times and distances. Also talked a lot about bikes. Hopefully I will have something figured out by the late Spring. I'm planning to bike to English club tonight and then finish out the night with some laps around Hero's Square. Hope to get in 45 minutes.

My friend Nona from New York is pretty much stellar. Adventurous type. Just tell her where and when to meet and she's usually up for a run or a bike. She called last night to say just call her this morning and we'd meet.

Anyways, we're gonna meet in 20 minutes across the street from my house so that's great. She wants to do the long trek to Szentendre this weekend so I just need to hear back about the horseback riding first and then we'll make some plans. I'm completely jazzed about it. I've heard so much about this bike ride to Szentendre and this little town in Hungary, that now I'm excited to see it. If it's worth seeing, I might take Noel and Andre there in March too. It's about a 30 minute HEV (inter city train) ride.

She's also up for doing the 1/2 marathon with me in September. So, that would be three of us!! The more the merrier.

I started compiling a list of places I want to take Noel and Andre when they get here. Looks like they will be in Budapest for five days and we will travel a bit too. My list contains old roman ruins in Obuda, the caves, the cave church, gellert hill, margaret island, castle district, heros square, the ice skating rink, parlaiment, the Saturday market experience, the open market building near the bridge, Jewish quarters and synogogue the chain bridge, dinner in the castle with gypsy music playing..........and if we have time and they are up for it, maybe the opera or a museum or something. There are like 50 something museums in Budapest. Incredible. Also want to figure out a way to go on a bike ride. Not sure how we can do it -- maybe borrow Chris and Renea's bikes.....Hmmmm. I'll have to see about that. I am SOO excited!

2 comments:

Ellie Hamilton said...

Hi, Jen, I hope you do that 1/2 marathon in Sept!

It sounds like you, as well as Nona, are always up for a run or a ride!!

I prayed better last night... visualized typing it on the keyboard to email a friend and discovered I found a lot to say that way. I have been so stale.

akshaye said...

Sounds like a good team for the half!

Thats a nice list of stuff for them to see.. I can tell you're excited!