Saturday, February 23, 2008

Yesterday's workout and a night watching "Smallville"

After some R & R, I got on the ball and spent the afternoon working out. I ended up doing weights and pilates for 45 minutes. After about a 15 minute break, I took Chris's bike down the four flights of stairs. (Technically, according to Hungarian math I live on the 3rd floor because they don't count the ground floor. But in all reality it's four flights)

Rode the bike across the street to the park and chained up. Dragging my feet on the run but was able to do 45 minutes. My goal for the coming week is to get over the 1 hour mark. Someone posted that quantity isn't as important as quality of the run and what can be done in those shorter runs to build for the future, so I'm keeping that in mind. However, I still want to keep pushing myself to increase time too.

After the run, where I continued exploring the park in zig-zag motions, I biked it for 30 minutes. I wanted to do longer, but honestly, I kind of got bored looking at the same four corners of this park.

It felt great in the legs and as I stayed hydrated, I had energy. One thing I want to figure out is how to hydrate while riding. I have this completely impractical unscrew the top of the 34 ounce REI type plastic container. So, I need to figure something out on that one.

Hardest part of the workout -- carrying Chris' bike back up the stairs!

Last night was enjoyable after I worked out I went exploring in my neighborhood and had to go grocery shopping. I still haven't figured out the bus lines so I ended up carrying two bags of groceries a little longer than planned but that's just part of living in Europe. Sat on the couches watching re-runs of Smallville. I also made my own french fries from potatoes and dipped it in ketchup and made/ate this really yummy fruit dip! Cheers to good eating.

Todays plan is either a bike or a run. I'll decide what I'm up for this afternoon. Have a great Sunday!

1 comment:

akshaye said...

I hate carrying something "on" me. Usually I will plan my route and scout for water fountains, or leave a bottle under a tree. You good also try getting a fuel belt or camelbak.