Wednesday, February 6, 2008

A rest day

As far as workouts go today ended up being a "rest and recovery" day. It wasn't intentional but after Eszter canceled this morning's run, I just decided to stay home. Blah! I had a busy day and evening ahead and figured today was as good as any to rest from working out in the a.m. Now it's 8:30 pm and I'm ready for bed. My plan is to get up at the but crack of dawn tomorrow and swim. The pool opens at 6 am and I think I'll have more lane options if I go earlier versus going in the evening. This may be my new plan for swims. I'll let you know how it goes. I do want to work harder in the pool tomorrow so I'm really hoping for a good swim day. I've been watching internet videos on swim techniques, which are interesting. You know, I'm a novice at all of this.

Tonight at our English conversation group we were talking about Hungarian history. I'm really enjoying the students who come and find it fascinating to see the world through their eyes. Most of the university girls I work with get back this weekend so next week will be a lot of reconnections. I can't wait -- and our Valentines event for girls. Jozi (a 22 yr old Hungarian student) walked me to the metro after English club tonight and when I was telling him about this Valentines event for the girls he said it's "cheesy." Then he said that he's a guy and guys have a different perspective. For example if they had a guys get together and handed out roses, it would be weird. I agreed. But all I know is that there are very few girls who would refuse a rose and a love letter. This love letter being biblical truths from God's heart towards them as daughters, written in both Hungarian and English. Honestly though, I'm excited about the event. I'm really hoping that these Hungarian hearts are open to hear about another kind of love....We will have it here at Chris and Renea's flat. More than anything, I really hope it's not "cheesy." That would really suck. I want to see these girls resonate with the truth that even if they dont have someone on their arm they are loved by a very true and living God. That's my hope. No cheese please.

3 comments:

shontell said...

Maybe you should have crackers handy just in case the cheese appears. Then at least you will have sustainance while you are waiting.

akshaye said...

Hope the lanes are empty tomorrow :)

I am sure it wont be cheesy.. although the crackers comment cracked me up!

Jen in Budapest said...

You are awesome Shontell....Yes, you are awesome.