Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Refiner fire

"If I never turned up the heat, how would you experience my deliverance? Would you settle for a dull finish or would you rather reflect my light? Hold my hand tightly. We'll walk through the fire together...."

"Sometimes it hurts when the outside layers are burned away. And just when I think I can stand it no longer, I see gold."

"These trials have come so that your faith - which is of greater worth than gold - which perishes even though refine by fire - may prove genuine and result in praise."
1 Peter 1:7

What does it mean to refine something? - remove unwanted elements; typically a part of an industrial process; improve by making small changes, remove impurities.

Sometimes I have to take my dreams, my desires, my future, my life and all of what I'm looking at when I look ahead, jump up on "God's lap" and ask my daddy for wisdom. He is like a refiners fire -- which is great. Because as I allow Him to give me His perspective, my life and faith prove to be genuine.

Just when I think I can stand it no longer, I see gold.

No comments: