Monday, February 25, 2008

Random thoughts

If I see your tongue one more time inside your girlfriends mouth I'm going to vomit. OK, those are strong words, but come on already! I don't want to see you giving "your girl" tongue. You are in my line of sight and it's bothering me. Get a bedroom, would you? Quit groping, caressing, and whispering sweet nothings to that girl. Maybe we don't feel like getting in on your love parade. Don't you care that we are all looking at you? How do I say that in Hungarian???? Yes, this is a daily random thought. From billboards to living, walking breathing posters, there's a constant barrage on the brain of this stuff. And I just don't like looking at it all the time. Some things are sacred and private.
---------
I really feel bad for people with food allergies. Noemi came for lunch and at the last minute, I couldn't remember what she was allergic to and if the rice was edible for her. That just stinks to have to worry about foods you can't eat because your body will react. Fortunately, Noemi could eat rice. And while I was making my famous greek salad, I thought of my uncle who is allergic to raw/fresh vegetables and fruit. That just sucks if you have food allergies. I heard that babies who aren't breastfed are more susceptible to food allergies later in life. I wonder if that's true.
--------
Hungarians are known for their horses and for being amazing warriors on horseback. When fighting the Mongols and the Turks, they would turn around and ride backwards on their horse, shooting arrows and killing their enemies. I guess you could say they are "lovers" and "fighters". Anyways, Noemi invited me to go horse-back riding this weekend and I'm really excited! If it works out, it will be an all day event, but I'm so jazzed! The last time I went horseback riding was with my sister Gina YEARSSSS ago! So, this is a real treat although I'm not looking forward to a sore butt.
--------
Noemi wasn't the slightest bit put off by the Valentines event and how I talked about God's love as a Father. I asked her if she had a chance to read the "love letter" from him and she said "yes, it was good." You know, my hope is that before I leave Hungary, God will cultivate the hearts of two or three young women who will be bright shining lights in their dark culture. If you think of it, please believe with me for this to happen. Just two or three of these amazing girls would take the city by storm. I love each one of them so much.
---------
I also met with Lucci and Szilvia today (she likes to be called Sissy which is good for me because she's the 4th Szilvia in my phone book....) and they want to get together to exercise, speak english and teach me hungarian. Tonight was actually great with them because this was the first time we met outside of english club. Great girls!
---------
I thought this weekend or next I might bike ride to Szentendre, this little quaint city about a 2 hour bike ride away. I think it would be amazing and I'm trying to rope Nona (a New Yorker) and her husband (a Hungarian) into it. We will see. If the weather is bad, we might have to do it another time. I'm just not sure Chris will let me have his bike then. I skipped out on the bike ride tonight because I have a ton of papers piling up that need to be organized from the move. Plus, I needed to get a few things together for tomorrows visit to immigration. I don't feel bad about skipping out. I know I will work in a good bike ride and a run tomorrow morning.
---------
I discovered something dangerous. A walk up PIZZA HUT stand right near the bus stop where I get on to come home from the city center. Why does temptation have to stare you right in the face? Yesterday I gave in. Today, I stared back and said NOO! You will not have me. This will be a reoccuring challenge, I'm sure, especially when I just want "comfort food". Luckily, I remembered I had a salad at home and felt good about saying no. Once in awhile I think it's great to have a slice of pizza or two though.
---------
My sister Noel and friend Andre are coming to Budapest and I will actually see them in 23 days!!! I can hardly believe it! This is the first of mi familia making the journey back to the motherland. My dad's mom was partly Hungarian. So, there's some truth in that sentence! Ha! I'm actually glad I haven't seen a lot of places outside of Budapest so that I can see these places with people I love. We are talking about taking a one day excursion to Venice or Vienna. I'm going to try and encourage a trip to Lake Balaton too. And I'm going to meet them in Frankfurt! Never been to Frankfurt. Should be really cool. I told them once they get here, besides transportation, they don't have to pay for nuthin, that I'd cook for them and of course they get to hang out in my flat!!! So, Andre said, as long as there's bread and wine she's fine. Love that girl! Can't wait to have some fun in the old world!
---------
I'm excited about the team coming from Florida and the events we have scheduled in high schools and universities but can I help it if I'm more excited to see family and friends?
--------
Well, here's to rabbit trails and random thoughts.....

No comments: